Producing Industry-Ready Pilots into Established Career Pathways
Talented commercial pilots are in demand globally, and we pride ourselves in offering a range of flight training options that will not only develop and bring out the best in a student pilot, but give our students a distinct advantage in preparing themselves for their first aviation employment position. Our tailored training programmes together with our unique internship programme has assisted our graduates with high employment success rate. They are now flying in various sectors of the aviation industry across the globe which is testament to our pilot training programmes and success. To benefit from the outcomes of the internship programme, students will need to enrol onto the NZ Diploma in Aviation course (Level 5 & 6) that is delivered over two years and has student loan funding available (NZ residents only).
Our leading features are:
- In the aviation education market for over 80 years
- Established career pathways for our graduates
- 92% of our diploma graduates are finding employment as professional aviators – please refer to our Alumni
- Unique Internship programme provides extra flying hours and air transport experience
- Operate a fleet of aircraft and simulators specific to the needs of the aviation industry.
- Owner and operator of the aerodrome provides economic benefits for our students with no landing and airway charges for local flying.
- Good climate and unrestricted airspace allows training fluency and less down time.
- Students benefit from our advanced technology that provides 24/7 access to all learning and operational resources, assisted with allocated iPads and other training aids e.g. Go-Pro cameras.
- We have an enthusiastic and well developed aviation community culture.
- Experienced team of aviators
- Onsite accommodation available
We are committed to helping you make those important decisions best suited to your needs. Let us guide you on your career pathway as a commercial pilot. Further information is outlined in the following linked documents:
- Checklist to compare Air HB Features with other Providers
- Distance learning / self study course
- Aviation Gateway Flying Programme (For Year 12 and 13 secondary students)
- Star Programme (For Year 11, 12 and 13 secondary students)
- NZ Diploma in Aviation Booklet
- Application Form including Entry Criteria