Sounds Air Right Hand Seat Observation Flights for Air Hawke’s Bay Diploma Students
Air Hawke’s Bay are providing their New Zealand Diploma in Aviation students with the opportunity to fly several sectors with Sounds Air and observe their operations from the cockpit right-hand seat. This allows the student to gain some real-world exposure to commercial operations following the completion of both CPL and Instrument Rating qualifications. The flights will depart from and arrive at Napier Airport in a Pilatus PC12, transporting the student to Woodbourne where they will be based for the day. From Woodbourne students will experience a return flight from Woodbourne to Wellington in a C208 Caravan before being transported back to Napier in the late evening.
Flight Details and Terms
- Flights will be booked on Tuesdays or Thursdays departing Napier at 0725 and departing Woodbourne for return at 1545 in the PC12.
- From Woodbourne C208 flight(s) will be conducted to Wellington or Kaikoura.
- Student’s demeanour will be observed during the day and shall present themselves professionally in their Air Hawke’s Bay uniform.
- Questions are welcomed throughout the day and in flight, the pilot will advise when it is allowable to talk.
- Students will fly with at least two, and sometimes three pilots during the day, which will provide good exposure to the operational environment.