All other International Students must
1. Meet the following pre-requisites (If on your arrival, we find that you do not meet any of the prerequisites, we may be forced to withdraw your Course acceptance):
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be competent in spoken and written knowledge of English Language by meeting a minimum standard of IELTS 6.0
- Provide reports for traffic offences and criminal convictions
- Appropriate level of Health to hold a Pilot Medical Examination – Class 1 for CPLs and Class 2 for PPLs
- Hold a valid Passport and student visa
- Complete the online ADAPT pilot pre-screening tool. Students must achieve an Average, Above Average, or Good grade to advance their enrolment. The cost of this test is $70 plus GST and more information can be found on: http://www.nzskillsconnect.co.nz/ (only for professional courses) OR have completed an approved Aviation Ground course
2. Complete the Application Form (in UPPER CASE) and return it to us, either by:
Post: Air Hawke’s Bay
PO Box 2199, Hastings, 4153
F: 0064 6-879-9805
Please attached the following documents to the application form
- Copies of education and training achievements
- Work experience details
- Written statement covering your genuine interest in aviation
- Two references
- Passport copy
- ADAPT pilot aptitude test result (if applying for a professional licence course)
Please remember to record whether you need aerodrome accommodation on the Application Form. For any queries regarding accommodation, please contact our office.
Once we have received your completed Application Form, and agreed on a course start date, we will forward to you our Student Handbook, which includes a Bank Deposit Slip for the Public Trust, together with a letter detailing the amount you need to pay.
3. Pay the full course funds (including accommodation) to the NZ Public Trust
Once payment has been made and all course pre-requisites have been met, we will issue you with a Formal Letter of Acceptance, as well as a copy of your Application Form signed by ourselves. For courses over 3 months, we will advise your nearest New Zealand Embassy that you have met all requirements as a student, and they will issue your Student Visa.
4. Advise us of your arrival details.
Click here to download an International Student Information Pack