Benefits of completing your flight training in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand are:
- Student fees are Government protected
- It is a challenging and testing environment
- Plenty of clear airspace over spectacular and diverse landscapes and seascapes
- Experience varied weather patterns
- Air Hawke’s Bay have experienced and passionate world-class trainers
- Air Hawke’s Bay have an outstanding success record with graduates employed around the World
- International Civil Aviation Organisation recognised aviation licences
- Hawke’s Bay (and New Zealand) is a place of friendly welcoming people and is safe and secure by international standards – click here
- Air Hawke’s Bays offers courses with competitive costs
A New Zealand Pilot Licence is an International Civil Aviation Organisation Pilot Licence
When you qualify as a pilot in New Zealand you obtain a New Zealand Pilot licence. The New Zealand Pilot Licence enjoys widespread international recognition. As New Zealand is a signatory to the International Civil Aviation Organisation our licences enjoy widespread international recognition.
The normal procedure to validate an International Civil Aviation Organisation Pilot Licence, like the New Zealand Pilot Licence, in another country is to:
- Produce your logbook and Pilot Licence to the Licensing Authority
- Complete some validation theory examinations (Aviation Rules and Law are always included)
- Complete a Check Ride/Flight Test for validation
New Zealand Pilot Licence similar to (European) Joint Aviation Authority Rules Pilot Licence
The United Kingdom with the other European Economic Community countries and seven other European Countries have transferred to a common Joint Aviation Authority Rules and a common European Pilot Licence. The New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority have restructured our Pilot Licenses to bring them into line with the Joint Aviation Authority Rules and the USA Federal Aviation Rules Certification and approval is now required for Flying Training Organisations.
You will find the New Zealand Pilot Licence very similar to, if not the same as, the Joint Aviation Authority Rules Pilot Licence. Any Joint Aviation Authority Rules Pilot Licence flying requirements not included in the New Zealand Pilot Licence flying requirements will be made available at Air Academy Hastings, if students wish to complete the Joint Aviation Authority Rules requirements.